Is Your Business Essential?

Friends and Clients,

I am posting links that give the conditions for the shut down announced today for Travis and Williamson Counties. This includes identifying what kind of business is considered essential and therefore allowed to continue “normal” operation.

Real Estate services are considered essential if the transaction involves one of the essential businesses on the list, and most commercial real estate is related to businesses on the list, so be assured that while I am working from my home office, I am still here working for you. I am still receiving inquiries on listed properties and still working to arrange tours either virtually or in person on a case by case basis. I am still doing daily property searches for those of you who are looking to buy, invest, or lease property and will continue to forward updates as they are available.

This is an uncertain time, but also a fantastic opportunity. Real Estate historically remains one of the best investments you will ever make. Keep a long term mindset and do not get bogged down in this fog of fear and misinformation.

Here are the shelter-in-place orders and a break-down of essential businesses from Travis and Williamson Counties:

Williamson County Stay Home Stay Safe Order

Keep yourself safe and sane! And if there is anything I can do for you during this shut down please let me know.

Phillip M Way
Licensed Texas Realtor

NEW Senior Living Community coming to Georgetown


Announcing 12,000 sq ft of medical/professional office space that is now leasing in Georgetown on Williams Drive. This is a prime location in front of Sun City that includes golf cart paths directly into the expansive parking lot.

We are excited to announce that this office space is next door to a new senior living community planned near the south entrance of Sun City at Williams Dr and Del Webb Blvd. MedCore Partners and TNRG announced that construction begins January 2020 on a new master planned community that will include a 225 residence senior living community (270,000 sq ft) at the 13 acre site.

Hacienda Georgetown – Watermark Senior Living

Phase I includes studio, one- and two-bedroom units rented on a monthly basis providing 125 independent living, 80 assisted living, and 20 memory care residences. The second phase will add 90 independent living residences bringing the total to 315 units.

Learn more about the NEW Watermark Retirement Community here.

Contact me today for information on the medical office space at 5361 Williams Drive that is ready for immediate build out so that you can get situated and up and running before the new community opens next door!

Sun City

Why Do We Need a Wire Fraud Warning?

Every transaction we do out of my office, we require everyone involved to sign a “Wire Transfer Fraud Warning” with details about the dangers of scammers, spammers, and wire fraud, where you could be tricked into sending money to a fake account where it is lost FOREVER.

The warning states:

Wire Transfer Warning

Here is why:

(and these guys were lucky!! Good job Wilco Sheriff’s Office!)

PSA for ISAs

Unlicensed but working in Real Estate?


Real Estate Inside Sales friends, do you know you must have your real estate license in order to contact people about buying, selling, or leasing real estate?

According to the most recent TREC Legal Update:

May an unlicensed person, identified as such, make calls to determine whether persons are interested in buying or selling property, or have property they wish to sell, and if so, make an appointment for a licensed agent to talk to them? No. Often referred to as “telemarketing,” any such activities conducted in Texas must be conducted by a license holder. In Tex. Atty. Gen. Op. H-1271 (1978), the attorney general concluded that a license was required. Also, TREC Rule 535.4(e) makes it clear that all solicitation work must be conducted by a license holder.

May an unlicensed person open doors for prospective buyers or tenants? No. Rule 535.4(c) states that a person must be licensed as a broker or sales agent to show a broker’s listings. An unlicensed assistant cannot perform any activities for a license holder that requires a license, and therefore, cannot “show” a property. This rule was amended last year to clarify that to “show” includes opening doors, allowing access to a property, or hosting an open house. Bottom line, an unlicensed assistant cannot show property for a license holder; this includes providing access to homes for sale and for lease.

May an unlicensed assistant set an appointment to show a listing? Yes. Under the general rules stated above, it is permissible for an assistant to call a homeowner and schedule an appointment for the broker to bring a potential buyer to see the home.

May the unlicensed assistant host an open house? No, effective December 20, 2016, TREC changed the rules so that an unlicensed assistant can no longer host an open house.

See Section 535.4 and 535.5 at TREC Rules and Laws